Saturday, April 5, 2014

Here Comes Trouble!

Hi everyone! Welcome to my Airstream renovation blog. Not so long ago I decided to jump on the vintage trailer bandwagon with both feet. It's iconic, quirky, and a little gypsy- just my style. I found my very own Airstream Ambassador straight from 1978 in the lovely area of Napa, California. With high hopes, butterflies in my stomach, and eternal optimism, (not to mention the support of my amazing brother and sister-in-law) the trailer that would later be named "Trouble" became my new home on wheels.

Here comes Trouble!
Look how many windows! So much sunlight inside.
My plan was to devote a little time, elbow grease, and good ol' DIY love to make it my '28 foot abode.  "Some paint and flooring, how hard could it be?" Somebody has got to make me stop saying that. But first, let's take a look inside!

Endless ideas on how to update this space!
This is the goucho (Airstreamspeak for futon) and fold out table that seems to have stopped working many moons ago. The curtains are covering a total of 12 windows... not including the rest of the trailer! Although they are clouded by crumbling dual pane tinting, this was a selling point for me because it's so great to have natural light inside and make the trailer feel way bigger than it actually is- especially when the windows are opened up and the breeze blows in.

My cozy bed.
Behind the kitchen we find the bedroom, complete with Panamanian pillows, a Mexican blanket, Guatemalan bag, and a crocheted blanket from my Aunt. Nothing like handmade! On the other side is my closet space. If you keep going towards the back you find the bathroom.  

Thanks for taking the grand tour! Stay tuned for the epic transformation...

4 comments:

  1. Thought of you when I saw this: http://blog.sfgate.com/ontheblock/2014/04/08/a-home-in-sonoma-county-for-only-30000/#22260101=7

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!!! Love this blog!

    ReplyDelete